Thursday 7 April 2016

Free Motion Mavericks - Week 88 - Spot the Template


By now you might have noticed that there is not much sewing going on here at the moment.  All I have done this week is cut the panel I made last week into four pieces so that I can make two more tea cosies.  This time the task was super quick and easy because I now have a perspex template made to the exact measurements I need - so no more fooling around with rulers and dinner plates and getting the measurements wrong.  The template is another little present to emerge from my husband's shed, and if you squint hard you might just see it in the centre of this photo.  From now on tea cosies are going to be so much easier!

Not that I can plan any sewing for the immediate future.  Next Wednesday my nephew is having a serious operation, and I shall be going to stay with my brother and sister in law to help look after my nephew's children.  So there will be no more blog posts until next Thursday, and then I would like someone to be guest hostess for the linky.

If anyone would like to volunteer, please email me!


blogbutton photo peacockfmq025_zpse5bceb10.jpg



Here goes for week 88...
 
The project in Week 87 that really caught my eye was Deana's amazing windmills quilt - such skilled piecing combined with several different FMQ designs.  If you haven't seen her blog post yet, nip over now and see more photos.



If you love free motion quilting, whether you are a beginner just taking the plunge, or you have reached the stage where you can do ostrich feathers with your eyes shut and still achieve perfect symmetry, then please link up.

Remember, FMQ is FMQ, whether your machine was made last week, or it is older than your granny.

Here are the very easy and slightly elastic rules:-

1.  Link up with any recent post, ideally from the last week but within the last month, which features a free motion quilting project, whether it is a work in progress or a finish.

2.  Link back to this post in your own post and/or grab the linky button for your blog's sidebar.
  
3.  Visit as many of the other participants as possible and say hello in the comments box.

4.  The link up will remain open for four days, from midnight to midnight GMT for the long weekend, Friday to Monday.

So far quilters from the USA, England, Wales, Australia, Canada, Germany, Holland, New Zealand, France, Macau and Russia have taken part.  The first participant from each new country will get a special mention the following week.

9 comments:

  1. My husband has cut a few templates for me with acrylic. I love them. It makes my project so much simpler!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very best wishes to your nephew, Muv.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna. He's in for a rough ride.

      Delete
  3. Muv, I FINALLY spotted it! Great template and a gorgeous tea cosy. Bless you for spelling for your nephew in the care of his precious children, and love, light and good vibes for your nephew himself. All the best. Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda!
      Yes, that template takes some spotting, doesn't it? I hope I don't keep mislaying it.
      Love, Muv

      Delete
  4. I'll be thinking of your nephew, his family, and you this week, Muv. I hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, JanineMarie! So far, so good...

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...