Thursday 17 December 2015

Free Motion Mavericks - Week 74 - A Tale of Two Teapots

 
Somewhere in this picture there is a big blue teapot.


And in this one a little green one.

Yes, I know, it sounds like a quiz for three-year olds, but working out the size and shape of a cosy that will fit snugly over a large teapot yet not totally swamp a small one was definitely a task for grown-ups.   I am still in pursuit of tea cosy perfection, so there will be more.


 
This jolly print is way out of my usual colour range.  To me it screams kitchens rather than bedrooms, but until last week I had nothing that went with it.
 
 
Then I found an ideal match in the oddments bin when I was having a rummage in the quilt shop.  By adding the bold spotty material, I have worked out that I have enough to make six tea cosies.  I am hoping that by the time I reach number six I will no longer be agonising over the dimensions.  The colours will certainly cheer up the miserable damp grey days we have been having.
 



blogbutton photo peacockfmq025_zpse5bceb10.jpg


Here goes for week 74...


This is the last linky before the Christmas and New Year holidays.  The next linky will be on 7th January.

The project in Week 73 that really caught my eye was Julie's bright scrappy quilt, a great blast of colour incorporating scraps, stash fabrics and even a recycled dress. Definitely my cup of tea.  If you haven't seen her blog post yet, nip over now and see more photos.


If you love free motion quilting, whether you are a beginner just taking the plunge, or you have reached the stage where you can do ostrich feathers with your eyes shut and still achieve perfect symmetry, then please link up.

Remember, FMQ is FMQ, whether your machine was made last week, or it is older than your granny.

Here are the very easy and slightly elastic rules:-

1.  Link up with any recent post, ideally from the last week but within the last month, which features a free motion quilting project, whether it is a work in progress or a finish.

2.  Link back to this post in your own post and/or grab the linky button for your blog's sidebar.
  
3.  Visit as many of the other participants as possible and say hello in the comments box.

4.  The link up will remain open for four days, from midnight to midnight GMT for the long weekend, Friday to Monday.

So far quilters from the USA, England, Wales, Australia, Canada, Germany, Holland, New Zealand, France and Macau have taken part.  The first participant from each new country will get a special mention the following week.


Linking up to Kelly's blog My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday
and Sarah's blog Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Whoop Whoop Friday
and Amanda Jean's blog Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday.
 
 
 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...