Tuesday 2 September 2014

Stitching at Home and Abroad


At the moment I am doing an appliqué using the Jubilee Rose pattern.  While we were away on holiday in Poland I did the blanket stitching around the appliqué, and now we are home again I am adding detail with the sewing machine.  A few lines in dark green are enough for the veins on the leaves, and can be done without slavishly following the pattern.



The detail in the flower itself is a different matter.  I have had to follow the pattern exactly, and have done four lines of stitching side by side so that they show up sufficiently against the red.

If I get my skates on I should have it finished by the end of the week, but knowing me...

Welcome to Lisa J., the latest follower - thank you for joining! 

Linking up today with Connie's blog Freemotion by the River for Linky Tuesday

2 comments:

  1. Your stitching is very pretty even if time consuming. When will you share the whole piece?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I am hoping to show the completed piece some time next week, provided all goes well.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...