Thursday 19 June 2014

Free Motion Mavericks - Week 3



Here we are, already on the third week of the Free Motion Mavericks link up, with a very poor show at this end.  No new projects for me to show you, for a number of reasons...

The vegetable plot is suffering from three months of neglect, my frozen shoulder is vastly improved so I have been out doing lots of weeding and getting gloriously grubby.

It is far too hot for any serious fast treadling, so FMQ can wait because every spare minute I have for sewing is being dedicated to turning out nice summer tops.  My wardrobe is in need of an overhaul and I am in danger of turning into a ragbag.

The computer isn't back from computer hospital yet, so even if I had new photos it might be difficult to sort them out.

So just for fun I am reposting a photo I have shown previously, showing what you have to try not to do - just one of the memorable moments along the way while making the free motion quilted bedspread

Many thanks to everyone who linked up last week, in particular:-

Chantal, the first to link up from Canada,
Tamara, the first from Germany,
and Dora in New Mexico, a girl after my own heart, who quilts on a treadle.

So here goes for the third link up, and the rules are easy:-
1.  Link up with any recent post, ideally from the last week but within the last month, which features a free motion quilting project.
2.  Link back to this post in your own post.
3.  Visit as many of the other participants as possible and say hello in the comments box.
4.  The link up will remain open for four days, from midnight to midnight GMT for the long weekend, Friday to Monday.
So far bloggers from USA, England, Wales, Australia, Canada and Germany have taken part.  The first participant from each new country will get a special mention the following week!


Welcome to two new followers today, Quilting Nonnie and Ronda Asta - thank you for joining!

4 comments:

  1. I don't have a blog, so I can't participate, but I like to see how nifty you are on a treadle! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh at your photo. Yes, I have done that before myself. So frustrating isn't it? Just when you think you are finished, you have to "unsew" and re-sew. Oh well, patience is a virtue ..... now if I could just buy some of that somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the invite to link up. I wilL direct some folks your way in an upcoming post on Kwilty Pleasures. PS. Might want to turn off your word verification to get more comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! Great to see you here.
      Yes, verification turned off now. I moderate all comments anyway...

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...