Thursday 24 April 2014

Half-Made 1940s Blouse


This is the Sew for Victory blouse being tried on by my daughter.  The fit looked fine at the front, but at the back it was just a touch too tight.  It isn't obvious on the photo, but if she pulled her arms forward it pulled too tight across the shoulders.  I had already tried to avoid the problem by enlarging the armholes before I even cut out the pieces, but it needed more adjustment.  It was time for drastic measures.


So I cut it straight down the back so I could insert a strip to widen the back.

Scary stuff, but this was ten days ago.  If all goes well the blouse will be completely finished tomorrow.

Linking up today with Kelly's blog My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. I'll bet that was scary! Perfect fabric for this pattern - really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never done any garment sewing, so it always impresses me! cute top!

    Thanks for linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...