Saturday 20 October 2012

A Little Woven House


This tiny little woven house is only 3 inches by 2 inches, excluding the frame.  It was all lonely in a charity shop so I had to give it a new home.  It is years since I bought it.  It now has its own special place in my sewing corner.

So often beautiful pieces of needlework end up in charity shops  Whoever made this little house knew exactly what she was doing.  All the warp threads are wound securely over a tiny piece of board, and the weft threads must have been woven in and out with a darning needle.  The little wooden frame completes the picture to perfection, and I love it.

1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful that the woven house has a new home and is appreciated. I was a weaver in what seems like a previous life. That's a lot of work and it looks great in the frame.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...