Thursday 5 January 2017

Free Motion Mavericks - Week 120 - Back to the Sewing Machine


I hope everyone has had a happy Christmas and New Year!

After having my son and daughter home from Ireland, and visiting my brother and his family in Surrey, life has been busy to say the least.  Sewing has taken a back seat, and yesterday I finally did a bit of free motion quilting.  The Secret Project is back on the anvil, so here is a tiny detail.  There is a deadline, so I need to concentrate on this quilt for the next couple of months.  Let's just hope I can steer clear of viruses, now that I am feeling rough for the second time within a month.  I'm not moaning.  Much.

blogbutton photo peacockfmq025_zpse5bceb10.jpg


Here goes for Week 120...

The quilt that caught my eye in Week 119 was Angie's baby quilt - so sweet!   If you haven't seen her blog post yet, nip over now and have a closer look.







If you love free motion quilting, whether you are a beginner just taking the plunge, or you have reached the stage where you can do ostrich feathers with your eyes shut and still achieve perfect symmetry, then please link up.

Remember, FMQ is FMQ, whether your machine was made last week, or it is older than your granny.

Here are the very easy and slightly elastic rules:-

1.  Link up with any recent post, ideally from the last week but within the last month, which features a free motion quilting project, whether it is a work in progress or a finish.

2.  Link back to this post in your own post and/or grab the linky button for your blog's sidebar.
  
3.  Visit as many of the other participants as possible and say hello in the comments box.

4.  The link up will remain open for four days, from midnight to midnight GMT for the long weekend, Friday to Monday.


So far quilters from the USA, England, Wales, Australia, Canada, Germany, Holland, New Zealand, France, Macau, Russia, Ireland and Brazil have taken part.  The first participant from each new country will get a special mention the following week.

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet little leaf you've stitched! That cold is really making the rounds. I know folks in Colorado, California and Louisiana complaining of the same ickiness. Hope you stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise! These wretched bugs travel, don't they? I blame air travel.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, Muv! I'm looking forward to seeing the "Secret Project!" Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! I'm on the mend and just bracing myself for a walk in the fog...

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...