Thursday 15 September 2016

Free Motion Mavericks - Week 106 - Turning Neutral


Unusually restrained colours - I don't usually go for neutrals, but when I laid out all my practice pieces out together last week I rather liked the effect, and now I have joined the first two pieces, I think this project might start growing on me.


The dinky pale brown check blends in really well.  It's a shame that I haven't got enough for the binding.  Or have I?  I shall find out soon enough.



blogbutton photo peacockfmq025_zpse5bceb10.jpg



Here goes for week 106...


The project in Week 105 that caught my eye was Olena's amazing magnolias.  The colours are beautiful, and the quilting adds so much interest in the background.  If you haven't seen her blog post yet, nip over now and see more photos.


curve pieced quilt


If you love free motion quilting, whether you are a beginner just taking the plunge, or you have reached the stage where you can do ostrich feathers with your eyes shut and still achieve perfect symmetry, then please link up.

Remember, FMQ is FMQ, whether your machine was made last week, or it is older than your granny.

Here are the very easy and slightly elastic rules:-

1.  Link up with any recent post, ideally from the last week but within the last month, which features a free motion quilting project, whether it is a work in progress or a finish.

2.  Link back to this post in your own post and/or grab the linky button for your blog's sidebar.
  
3.  Visit as many of the other participants as possible and say hello in the comments box.

4.  The link up will remain open for four days, from midnight to midnight GMT for the long weekend, Friday to Monday.


So far quilters from the USA, England, Wales, Australia, Canada, Germany, Holland, New Zealand, France, Macau, Russia and Ireland have taken part.  The first participant from each new country will get a special mention the following week.

3 comments:

  1. I love how your pieces work together, the brown check is the perfect addition as it doesn't overwhelm the delicate quilting designs. If it's not a secret, which method of joining quilted blocks do you use? (because I have several blocks which will have to be joined sooner or later, and I haven't tried that before))) Thanks for featuring my project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lena,

      I was delighted to be able to feature your magnolias. They are so gorgeous!

      Here is the joining method I use:-

      http://lizzielenard-vintagesewing.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/quilt-as-you-go-adapting-leah-days.html

      I will probably do another post next week with a bit more about this method. I have jiggled the measurements a fraction, and am trying out an extra trick to give a better finish.

      Love, Muv

      Delete
  2. This is going to be really pretty Muv. What a great way to use the practice blocks.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...