Tuesday, 28 April 2015
1949 Lutterloh Blouse Nearly Finished...
Yesterday was buttons and buttonholes day.
These buttons were irresistible - exactly the right colour, and with a glittery centre.
I raided my box of variegated threads and found one that went perfectly with the print.
It was a case of extreme pattern matching. Here is the front of the blouse all buttoned up. Spot the overlap.
Today's job has been rather more irksome. Once the buttons were done and I was trying on the blouse it was glaringly obvious that the shoulder tucks, which seemed a great idea at the time, just had to go. They looked pretty awful in the last pictures I posted, when I had just put on the collar. By the time I went to bed last night I had resigned myself to the inevitable... unpick a section of the shoulder seam and replace the tucks with a dart. Today I tackled it, the greater part of my day got sucked into a black hole, but I've done it.
Only the hem is left to be done...