Monday 10 November 2014

Vegetable Ceramics


Last month I visited the Kaffe Fassett Exhibition at the American Museum.  The profusion of colour was ever so slightly overwhelming, and it seemed rather pointless taking pictures of his beautiful work because I have better pictures in books.

This vase caught my eye, though.  It was in one of the display cases to illustrate how inspiration can be drawn from ceramics.  I had never seen a vase decorated with tomatoes before.



Neither had I seen a cauliflower teapot.  Too barmy for words.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Muv
    I love the look of that teapot but I can't shake the feeling that a pot that shape would make the tea taste of veg water.
    Hugs G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Gavin. You'd end up adding cornflour and turning it into gravy.
      Love, Muv

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's not just a teapot with cauliflowers painted on it...it's a teapot that IS a cauliflower. Original.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...