Wednesday, 12 November 2014
Machine Stitched Detail
Today I feel as though I have spent a long time doing not very much. Adding machine stitched detail to appliqué leaves should be a quick job. The problem was the tension with the machine I was using, the Singer 128K. No matter what I did, the bobbin tension was loose. In the end I decided to try another shuttle, so I hauled one of my other Singers off its shelf and swapped shuttles. Problem solved.
The first lot of stitching I did on this leaf had the bobbin thread showing in places, so I unpicked it and did it again once I had changed the shuttle. I am so glad I did.
Linking up today with Esther's blog for WOW-WIPs on Wednesday.