Wednesday 16 April 2014

Putting Braid on the 1940s Blouse


Slowly but surely the 1940s blouse is taking shape.  When my daughter is around at a convenient moment she tries it on for me.  The sleeves are now on, and since taking this photo I have made the collar, but it is not yet attached.


Also I have sewn on this tiny rick rack, using the braiding foot.  It is very pale pink and it looks really pretty as a trim on the cuffs and collar.  It is getting easier to visualise the finished blouse... 

3 comments:

  1. It's very pretty. The fabric is so pretty, and the rick rack is a perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deborah. I was a bit worried the fabric print might look a bit riotous, but with the rick rack on it seems to be more under control. I'm really pleased with it.

      Delete
  2. I love the rick rack trim. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...