Tuesday 3 December 2013

Another Charity Shop Find


This interesting length of fabric was bundled up in the corner of a charity shop.  Here it is slung over the clothes rack.  It is 58 inches wide and the pattern is huge.  The large flower is eight and a half inches across.  It has a beautiful silky flow to it, and my first thought was that it was a length of vintage rayon.  The pattern is on a scale that would be ideal on curtains in a large room, but this is definitely material for dressmaking or shawls.  It drapes beautifully.


I haven't washed or ironed it yet.  Fortunately the whole length was clean and unfaded, so I can live with the creases for the time being.


At first sight these are not my favourite colours, but the sheen and drape is so beautiful that the colours become quite fascinating.  The lime green in the leaves and buds really brings it to life.

The only use I can think for it would be to make shawls, but it almost seems a shame to cut into it.  

3 comments:

  1. It's lovely, those colors are wonderful together. I have the same problem; I buy fabric then I don't want to cut it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that fabric! I would use it for a quilt back.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...