Friday 18 January 2013

The First Stitches with the Willcox and Gibbs Automatic


Today we had the moment of truth.  It was great fun, because my brother in law, who found the machine in a charity shop some months ago, arrived last night and is staying with us at the moment.



The stitches are really even.  I have the gauge set at 12 stitches per inch.


This is the back of the work.  It is a single thread chain stitch, with the loops on the back.  I'm looking forward to trying it out with different threads and using it for decorative stitching.

2 comments:

  1. I suspect judging from those stitches, it would put many of todays machines' to shame. What a lovely find :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks Great! And up and running!
    Have a great weekend!
    I love checking in on your blog!
    Take care,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...